Some people suffer from sudden moments of fear and anxiousness and are clueless as to what to do about them. Panic attacks comes without any alarm, they are sudden brief periods of extreme fear, anxiety and discomfort that are related to several somatic as well as cognitive symptoms. One may experience a panic attack quite abruptly without any obvious trigger. Panic attacks were once thought to be associated with stress or nervousness; however, they are now known to be a potentially incapacitating but curable problem. Herbal remedies, alternate therapies and counseling can help you control as well as stop panic attacks.
Causes of panic attacks:
There are several known causes of panic attacks. However, the most commonly known cause of panic attacks is a stressful lifestyle and anxiety. The number of people suffering from panic attacks is increasing everyday due to fast paced lifestyles. There are many simple home remedies which will help a person ease down his stress levels. Simple things like taking a hot bath, listening to your favorite soothing music, using a white noise machine to get restful sleep at night or reading a good book. Exercising on daily basis is also very helpful in reducing stress levels. If you do not have much time, then simply start with fifteen minutes of jogging or yoga every day.
Simple home remedies for Panic Attacks:
1. Kava Kava: This herb is helpful in reducing panic attacks and also helps cure depression. Kava kava is rich in kavalactones which help you in getting a good nights sleep. Kava kava is available in herbal stores and can be purchased online. Note: Do not use this herb if you are pregnant or are lactating.
2. Passion Flower and Lemon Balm: These are two herbs that help in reducing anxiety levels. Note: Anyone suffering from thyroid problem should avoid using anything that has passion flower in it.
3. Lavender Essential Oil: This aromatherapy oil is helpful in calming the nerves and reducing stress levels. You can carry little lavender essential oil in a small spray bottle and spray it on a napkin several times a day and smell it. Do not use the aromatherapy oil directly on your skin, mix it with a carrier oil like almond oil and massage your hands with it. You can also put two drops of lavender essential oil on your pillow before sleeping at night for a good night sleep.
4. St Johns Wort: This is one of the most popular herbs used for treating panic attacks, stress, depression and anxiety problems. However, St Johns Wort is most popular for treating depression. This herb is effective for most people as this herb has a good tolerance levels.
6. Holy Basil: This herb is classified as an adaptogen, a substance that increases the body’s resistance to internal and external stress. Brew holy basil tea and sip throughout the day.