Okay, so you haven’t been taking care of yourself as well as you should’ve been (like using your essential oils!), and you are starting to feel that little tickle in the back of your throat. Or maybe you’re already in the throes of the knock down, drag out flu! Nobody likes being sick, but there’s not much you can do once you’ve already caught the bug, right?
You can treat yourself to this delicious, punch-packing smoothie! It takes less than 5 minutes to make and will help you kick that cold.
- 2 Cups Fresh Pineapple
- 1 Frozen Ripe Banana
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- 2 Tbsp Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup Kale
- Extra credit : Add a drop of Lemon or On Guard essential oil for super smoothie power!
Gather the above ingredients. Put all of them in your blender with the frozen bananas on top. Pour the liquid over the top and blend on high for about 30 seconds. Serve!
So what makes this smoothie so special anyways?
- Pineapple is great for fighting congestion, bronchitis and the common cold. It’s loaded with nutrients and enzymes (especially bromelain) that can loosen up and dissolve mucus.
- Pineapple also helps to cleanse and detoxify the body which is perfect for getting those icky bugs out.
- Coconut is wonderfully soothing for a sore throat.
- Bananas are helpful if you have an upset stomach and can ease diarrhea.
- Kale is loaded with Vitamin C and contains antioxidants that bolster the immune system and fight free radicals in the body.
Something else bothering you? Check out the Essential Oils Use Chart to find out how to make it better!