Almost everyone has heard of Frankincense, being one of the gifts brought to baby Jesus at his birth. But what exactly is Frankincense and why is it so special?
There is a saying amongst essential oil users that goes: “When in doubt, use Frankincense.” It’s versatility and effectiveness have made Frankincense one of the most valued and sought after essential oils in the world. Most notably Frankincense Essential Oil has demonstrated the ability to disrupt the development of breast cancer cells and the “ability to kill cancer cells in every organ cell line on which it has been tested,while causing no harm to healthy cells.” Source
Frankincense is also one of the only substances (along with Sandalwood EO), with the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier. This allows the oil to help oxygenate the pineal and pituitary glands and also boost leukocyte activity which helps to defend the body against infections. Other properties include: Anti-infectious, anticancer, antiseptic, anticatarrhal, antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, sedative, expectorant, antitumor, and immune sedative.
Frankincense Essential Oil Uses:
- Arthritis – Massage frankincense essential oil into the joints and diffuse or inhale through steam daily.
- Balance – Inhale frankincense essential oil whenever you’re feeling overwhelmed. Diffuse in the room. Massage into the feet.
- Cancer – To fight cancer you can use this topically on the reflex points of the feet or body, and aromatically in any manner. But also consider adding 1 drop to unsweetened beverage and consuming throughout the day.
- Alzheimer’s – Diffuse throughout the room, add to a shirt collar or pillow. Massage into the feet and toes or use in a full body massage.
- Warts – Apply frankincense essential oil directly to the wart daily.
- Wrinkles – Gently massage into the skin in upward circular motions daily to prevent wrinkles.
- Moles – Apply a dab directly to moles daily.
- Disinfectant – For infected wounds inhale from steam, add a drop to warm water and soak the infected area, create a spray using distilled water and several drops of frankincense essential oil and diffuse through the home for overall wellness.
- Stress Relief – Apply to temples or wear as perfume. Inhale.
- Scar Tissue – Frankincense helps fade scars from acne, stretch marks and surgery.
- During Pregnancy and Labor – Apply to lower back to ease pain. It also helps with calming.
- Relieves Pain - Rub on sore joints to relieve arthritis pain and pain from injuries.
- Reduces Inflammation – Put a few drops in capsule and take internally orapply topically.
- Relieves Itching Skin – Apply a couple drops of Frankincense to the itchy area.
- Insect Bites - Put a drop on an insect bite to help reduce swelling and speed healing.
- Improve Concentration – Apply 1-2 drops of on temples and/or back of neck to help improve concentration.
- Enhance Visual Acuity – Many have eliminated the need for reading glasses by applying frankincense around the eye area – on the cheek bone and brow bone. Over a period of months, the vision often improves. Some have even regained the peripheral vision that had been limited. They put one drop of frankincense in the palm, rubbed the palms together, and cupped the palms over open eyes for 3 minutes 2-3 times each day. NOTE: This can cause the eyes to water and/or tingle as the molecules of the essential oils disperse. In addition, remember that the condition did not occur “overnight”, and it may take many months before significant improvement is noticed.
- Heavy Periods - To help regulate heavy periods, use 3-4 drops in 1 ounce of carrier oil and massage on lower abdomen area regularly. To help facilitate prayer and/or meditation, use 4-5 drops in a diffuser.
- Nasal Congestion - sprinkle a few drops on a handkerchief and inhale periodically. Can also add 2-3 drops to a diffuser or steam inhalation.
- Immunity - For asthma, bronchitis, coughs, colds, flu, and laryngitis, use 2-3 drops in 1 ounce of carrier oil. Rub on chest for asthma, bronchitis, coughs, and cold, and on throat for laryngitis. Can also use 2-3 drops in a diffuser or steam inhalation.
- Circulation - To improve circulation, mix 4-5 drops with 1 ounce of carrier oil and massage on body. Can also use in bath water, To help alleviate fatigue, use 3-5 drops in a diffuser.
- UTIs - To help alleviate urinary tract infections, use 8-10 drops in bath water, in addition to using doctor prescribed medication.
Interested in purchasing Frankincense Essential Oil or any other essential oil? Please visit DōTerra to find these and more! Want to sign up as a preferred or wholesale member? Contact me or click here to get the best discounts!